If you have finally decided that you want a wooden look for your garage door, you will now face a difficult decision. You must decide whether to go with an actual timber door made out of solid wood or a timber-look garage door made out of synthetic materials and metal.
There are pros and cons associated with each type of door, which can make the decision-making process difficult. Luckily, we are here to help you if you are faced with this type of decision. The following is a look at some of the pros and cons associated with both kinds of garage doors.
A Closer Look at Timber Garage Doors
Timber garage doors are completely made from 100% natural wood. As a result, this gives them an all-natural look. Just like with any garage door, there are pros and cons associated with a wood-style garage door.
- All-natural appearance
- Eco-friendly as it is made from recyclable material
- Ability to be re-stained in addition to being re-painted
- Durable and solid
- A lot of maintenance is involved to keep timber doors looking fresh and clean
- Susceptible to rot and termites
- In conclusion, it is a very expensive garage door option
A Closer Look at Timber-Look Garage Doors
Timber-look garage doors have the look and appearance of a wooden garage door, but they are made of steel and other synthetic materials such as COLORBOND. This garage door option is ideal for individuals who want the wooden door appearance, but who may be shopping on a budget or don’t fancy the idea of ongoing maintenance.
What are the Pros?
- Low maintenance
- Strong, secure, and durable
- Termite and rot-resistant
- Ability to customise your garage door colour and finish by choosing from a variety of colours
- Affordable, budget-friendly garage door option
What are the Cons?
- May not look exactly 100% like a wooden door
- Replacing the colouring and finishing may be time-consuming and costly
- Materials are normally not sustainable
Buy Your New Garage Door Online
Let Wholesale Garage Doors Help You Make a Decision Between Timber and Timber-Look Garage Doors Wholesale Garage Doors can help guide you through the decision-making process when it comes to picking a timber garage door or a timber-look garage door. We can help you explore your options and determine what timber or timber-look garage roller doors are best for your home.
We have many Taurean Door Systems roller doors or panel lift doors that are available in wood-look colours (known as Colorgrain). Made from Colorbond steel, the wood colours never fade.
Contact Wholesale Garage Doors today to learn more about these kinds of garage doors. We will be happy to discuss your options for roller and panel doors and help you select the best one for your home.