Measuring Your Panel Lift Sectional Garage Door
You don’t need to call your local garage door repairman or salesperson to measure your roller door. This can be easily done by anyone, including yourself. Before we begin, there are a few terms we want to make sure are clear:
This is the hole in your wall the garage door will cover and protect. A roller door is typically installed on the inside of your opening, within the garage or shed itself.
This is the space between the edge of your opening, and the garage or shed wall.
This is the space between the edge of your opening and the ceiling (or roof).
1. Measure the width of your opening. In this example, our opening will be 2500mm, or 2.5m wide. You will also require a 150mm side room on both sides of your opening.
2. Measure the height of the opening. In this example, our opening is a standard 2100mm, or 2.1m high.
3. Ensure you have enough headroom. For a standard sectional panel lift door, you will require 320mm of headroom to fit the door and opener. We also have a Low Headroom Kit available which will lower this requirement to 250mm. We have more information available in the installation instructions.
Ordering Your Garage or Shed Sectional Door
Once you have your garage door width, select the door width bracket you fall into. For example, if your door is 2500mm wide, you would select the 1820-2500 width selection. You can also select from a range of panel door openers, as well as the entire Colorbond Colour range. There are four different steel profile finishes available within the Taurean Classic Range of sectional garage doors, being Linea, Tempo, Western and Silk.
- Linea – This steel finish offers a timeless Woodgrain finish for both modern and contemporary homes. Available in the full Colorbond Colour range, the Linea’s long thin lines revitalize and improve the curb appeal of even the most tired homes. This is also the only Steel Profile you can select Taurean’s Colourgrain timber look colours, being Coaba and Classic Cedar.
- Tempo – The Tempo steel finish calls back to the British heritage manor style of the garage door. Embossed with equally spaced squares throughout the door, the Tempo offers an updated look for older homes, without looking out of place.
- Western – A modern interpretation of a classic, the Western presents with a bold, rectangular embossment along the garage door. Similar to Tempo, the Western offers an updated look for older homes for when you want to stand out.
- Silk – Fast becoming one of the most popular steel profiles, the Silk offers a flush appearance. Smooth panels glide across your opening, creating a casual feel to meld with the facade of your home.
Once you place your order, we will call you to confirm the exact door size, steel profiler and colour you require.