If you have finally decided that you want a wooden, timber look for your garage door, you will now face a difficult decision. You must decide whether to go with an actual timber door made out of solid wood or a timber-look garage door made out of synthetic materials and metal.
There are pros and cons associated with each type of door, which can make the decision making process difficult. Luckily, we are here to help you if you are faced with this type of decision. The following is a look at some of the pros and cons associated with timber garage doors and timber-look garage doors.
Timber garage doors are made out of 100% natural wood. This gives them an all-natural look. Just like with any Melbourne garage door, there are pros and cons associated with a timber garage door.
- All natural appearance
- Eco-friendly as it is made out of recyclable material
- Ability to be re-stained or re-painted
- Durable and solid
- A lot of maintenance involved to keep timber doors looking fresh and clean
- Susceptible to rot and termites
- Expensive garage door option
Timber-look garage doors have the look and appearance of an all-wooden garage door, but they are made of steel and other synthetic materials such as COLORBOND®. This garage door option is ideal for individuals who want the wooden door appearance, but who may be shopping on a budget or don’t fancy the idea of ongoing maintenance.
- Low maintenance
- Strong, secure, and durable
- Termite and rot resistant
- Ability to customise your garage door colour by choosing from a variety of colours
- Affordable, budget-friendly garage door option
- May not look exactly 100% like a timber door
- Replacing the colouring and finishing may be time consuming and costly
- Materials are not of sustainable materials
Let Wholesale Garage Doors Help You Make a Decision Between Timber and Timber-Look Garage Doors Wholesale Garage Doors can help guide you through the decision making process when it comes to picking a timber garage door or a timber-look garage door. We can help you explore your options and determine what timber or timber-look garage roller doors are best for your home.
We have many B&D Roller Doors and Panelift® doors that are available in timber-look colours. For example, we have a B&D Timber Coat™ Range and Knotwood™ Range colours that have the look of actual timber. These colours can be used on Panelift doors. There is also a special range of Timber Coat™ colours exclusive to B&D Roll-A-Doors for a limited time only.
Contact us today to learn more about timber-look doors and timber garage doors. We will be happy to discuss your options for roller doors and help you select the best one for your home.
Social Media Sentence – Can’t decide whether to go with a timber garage door or a timber-look garage door? We’ll help you make a decision!