If your garage door breaks down or you’ve decided to revamp the kerb appeal of your home, you may be facing the difficult decision of repair or replacement. Before that decision can be made, most homeowners wish to understand how much a new garage door will cost.
To help you understand the financial aspect of purchasing and installing a garage roller door or panel lift door, we have broken down how to determine your garage door cost. This information can help you make an informed decision regarding whether to repair the garage door or simply replace it.
Garage Door Cost Factors
The price of a new garage door can vary dramatically. A single garage roller door price can be as little as $775. The price increases depending upon the size, materials used, and even the model of the garage door. The most expensive garage doors can cost as much as $5,200. The cost of your new garage door will include all hardware, brackets and tracks needed to be able to install your new garage door. Some factors that will influence the cost of your garage door include:
- Materials used – All doors that Wholesale Garage sells are Australian COLORBOND® steel, in a variety of finishes. This includes some garage doors that offer an additional cost finish that replicates the look and feel of timber but with the strength and durability of steel
- Size – The larger you go, the more it will cost. A common misconception is that there is a ‘Standard Garage Door Size’. There is no standard size, as the door is solely dependent on the size of your opening.
- Insulated or Un-Insulated – Insulated garage roller doors cost more because of the extra material used to insulate the door.
- Style – Various makes and models of garage doors come with additional features, such as safety sensors and extra panelling along the bottom to prevent dirt, debris, or water from getting into the garage.
- Colour – Neutral garage door colours are often the least expensive. However, many doors can be customised in various colours to match your home’s exterior décor at little or no additional expense.
- Automation – Why would you manually open your brand new garage door? The cost of an automatic garage door opener that works with a remote is just $300. We highly recommend the Australian-owned Auto Openers, as their openers come with a fantastic 10 Year Warranty.
If you would like to get a quote on your garage door, please visit our easy-to-use garage door price calculator!
Professional Installation Fee Vs DIY
In addition to factoring in the price of the actual garage door, you need to include the fee for installation and removal. That is if you not going to install it yourself.
Most of the garage doors from Wholesale Garage Doors can be installed by homeowners who are comfortable with the technical side of the installation. However, not everyone is comfortable installing a garage door themselves. Therefore, you may need to include the extra fee of having a professional install the garage door.
Installation costs will vary, but it will typically cost approximately $250 to install the garage door. There may also be a fee to remove the old garage door, which is normally around $160.
Deciding whether to replace a garage door or repair it is a personal decision. Very often, you will need to decide based on your budget and how long you have had your garage door. After learning about how much it costs to buy a new garage door, if you are going to replace your existing garage door let us help you.
Wholesale Garage Doors has a wide variety of Taurean and other brands of garage doors. We offer garage doors that you can purchase at wholesale prices, with fast shipping Australia-wide! Contact Wholesale Garage Doors today to request a quote for your new garage door.