Gliderol Door Weatherseal Information
How long your Gliderol Door Seal lasts depends on your location, climate and weather conditions. As a general rule, you should expect your rubber door seal to last at least two years, with the best insulation and energy savings found when combined with a rubber floor threshold seal.
Here are some warning signs to look for when deciding if it’s time to replace the weather stripping:
- Water begins to enter your garage near the door.
- Pieces of the garage door seal are breaking off when you touch it.
- Visible distortions in the stripping, such as cracks or color changes.
- The seal is no longer bouncing back into place and leaves a gap between the garage door and the floor.
Finding the right bottom door seal can seem tricky, but is very simple to work out. Over time, the overall width, color, shape, number of ridges and style have changed drastically. However, the ‘profile’ of the seal has remained the same. The profile is the very edge of the seal, which slides into your garage door tracks.
– Start by removing a small piece of your garage door seal. It only needs to be 10-20mm in length.
– Compare the shape of the edge of your seal to our one page seal guide, found here.
– Still not sure which Gliderol Door Seal to buy? Feel free to contact our friendly team!
- Remove the old rubber seal by pulling it through the retainer track.
- Place your new weather stop seal into a bucket of warm, soapy water to soften for ten minutes. Whilst waiting, wash the retainer track with a rag to remove any residual grime and dirt, then rinse.
- Squeeze a small amount of dish soap in the retainer track to lubricate it. Then, feed the weather seal into the track (ridges of the seal facing outward).
- Cut off the excess seal with scissors. If there are caps for the weather seal, put them on the ends.
Wholesale Garage are Australian garage door dealers who specialize in Gliderol Door Seal, spare parts and accessories. We stock genuine products from top weatherseal brands such as B&D, Steel Line, Gliderol, Auto Openers and more. We offer free postage on all products, as well as express post for when you need something fast, selectable at the checkout.
If you have any questions on how to install your door or floor rubber seals, feel free to contact us for more information. All Wholesale Garage staff are trained garage door technicians to best support you and your purchase.