If your garage door breaks down or you’ve decided to revamp the kerb appeal of your home, you may be facing the difficult decision of repair or replace. Before that decision can be made, most homeowners wish to understand how much a new garage door will cost.
To help you understand the financial aspect of purchasing and installing a garage roller door or Panelift™ door, we have broken down how much it will cost you for a new garage door. This information can help you make an informed decision regarding whether to repair the garage door or simply replace it.
The Varying Cost of Buying a New Garage Door
The cost of a new garage door can vary dramatically. A single garage roller door can cost as little as $450. The price increases depending upon size, materials used, and even the model of the garage door. The most expensive garage doors can cost as much as $5,000. The cost of your new garage door will include all hardware, brackets and tracks needed to be able to install your new garage door. Some factors that will influence the cost of your garage door include:
- Materials used – Most commonly, garage doors will be a COLORBOND® steel finish or a mix of steel and other finishes. This includes some garage doors that offer an additional cost finish that replicates the look and feel of timber but with the strength and durability of steel
- Size – larger garage doors, both the B&D Roll-A-Door™ and Panelift™ doors, will cost more than single, basic garage doors
- Insulated or uninsulated – insulated garage roller doors cost more because of the extra material used to insulate the door
- Style – Various makes and models of garage doors come with additional features, such as safety sensors and extra panelling along the bottom to prevent dirt, debris, or water from getting into the garage
- Colour – Neutral garage door colours are often the least expensive. However, many doors can be customised in various colours to match your home's exterior décor at little or no additional expense
- Addition of an automatic garage door opener that works with a remote
The Extra Cost of Installation of a Garage Door
In addition to factoring in the cost of the actual garage door, you need to include the cost of installation and removal. That is if you aren't going to install it yourself.
Most of the garage doors from Wholesale Garage Doors can be installed by homeowners who are comfortable with the technical side of installation. However, not everyone is comfortable installing a garage door themselves and therefore will need to include the cost of having a professional come and install the garage door.
Installation costs will vary, but it will typically cost approximately $250 to install the garage door. There will also be a cost to remove the old garage door, which is normally around $160.
Deciding whether to replace a garage door or repair it is a personal decision that you will need to make based on your budget and how long you have had your garage door. After learning about how much it costs to buy a new garage door, if you are going to replace your existing garage door let us help you.
Wholesale Garage Doors has a wide variety of B&D Roller Doors and Panelift™ doors, like the Panelift® Icon™, that you can purchase at wholesale prices, with fast shipping Australia wide! Contact us today to request a quote for your new garage door.