Playing around garage doors can present danger to children. If proper safety precautions aren't taken, serious injuries could occur. Luckily, with a combination of applying certain safety tips and choosing garage doors with upgraded safe features you can decrease a child's risk of being seriously injured from a garage door.
We want your home to be as safe as possible which is why we have gathered some helpful safety tips that will prevent your children from being injured from garage roller doors and Panelift® doors. Why not choose the B&D Garage door because they are the safest on the Australian market.
Encourage Children to Stay Away from the Garage Door
Garage doors are not toys or ladders to climb. Children have absolutely no reason to be playing around them. Take the time to encourage your children to stay away from the garage doors unless there is an adult present.
Reinforcing on the back of a panelift should not be climbed on, encourage your kids to not touch the garage door, a good rule for a ‘home safe home.’
Avoid Doing the 'Quick Duck' When the Garage Door is Closing
Adults have a habit of using the automatic garage door closing system and then suddenly remembering they need something in the garage. To get that item, they will quick duck under the garage door and hope the sensor stops it from closing. Don't do this even if you have kids.
Children will see you doing the 'quick duck' move when the garage door is closing and think that is okay to do. When children do this, they could be seriously injured as the door may suddenly close on them or the sensor may not read that they moved under the door and continue to close.
Be a good role model and avoid doing this. It will protect your children.
Use B&D Roller Doors That Have Advanced Safety Features
Garage roller doors manufactured by B&D have a number of advanced safety features that are designed to protect not only your children, but also you.
Some of the safety features found on certain models of B&D roller doors include:
- End covers that lock into place and prevent fingers from getting crushed or injured
- Stoppers made out of steel to prevent the door from crashing down or closing further than expected Install a Panelift® Door with Advanced Safety Features
- Panelift® doors have a range of safety features that are designed to protect children.
Safety features found on Panelift® doors include:
- Rolled edges along the sides of the door that prevents fingers from being cut, safe pinch free panels so you cannot get your hands or fingers jambed
- Tracks and in-line wheels that do not protrude out from the door – this prevents fingers from getting caught in the sides of the door
- Pinchfree™ design that prevents finger entrapment between the panels on both the inside and outside – feature is unique to B&D Panelift doors
- A safety infra-red beam that tracks for movement and automatically stops the door from closing
- B&D Entry Keypad prevents children from having to open and close the door themselves by giving them an access code that will automatically open the garage door
Your child's safety is important to us, which is why we want to help you find a garage door that will protect not only your home, but also your children. Wholesale Garage Doors can help you find the perfect garage door for your home. Contact us today and let us help you keep your children safe.